Homebrew Competition Details
HOW TO ENTER, WHAT TO ENTER
1. There is no online registration. Print registration form(s) at bootheelbeerfest.com
2. Entry Fees: $8.00 for each entry. Payment can be made by cash or check. All checks should be made payable to Bootheel United Zymurgists. Attach entry fee to registration form(s) and place inside package. Any entries not accompanied by an entry fee will not be judged.
3. Entry requirements: Provide TWO BOTTLES for each entry. Bottles must be 12oz green or brown glass and clean and free of any labels (inked, paper, or otherwise). Bottles with permanent, painted-on labels are prohibited. Entrants are encouraged to use brown, long-neck returnable bottles for extra protection from light and breakage. Entries must be referred to by Category NUMBER and Subcategory LETTER. Commercially brewed beers, ciders and meads are ineligible. Use a rubber band to attach to each bottle a paper or entry form with your name, beer designation if multiple entries in category, category and subcategory. The use of tape or glue to attach forms is not acceptable.
4. Beers from a single batch may be entered in multiple Categories. Multiple entries in a Category are acceptable but MUST be from different batches. Only your highest scoring entry in each category will count toward GRAND CHAMPIONSHIP. Recipe need not be submitted with entry. However, if your beer has a special ingredient (herb, spice, fruit, etc.), you must describe the style, special ingredient, experimental technique, etc. on the entry forms.
5. Categories: 1) Stout 2) IPA 3) Fruit 4)Wheat 5) Open
WHERE TO ENTER, WHEN TO ENTER
1. Entries will be accepted starting March 21st. Entries accompanied by fees and registration information MUST be received by April 4, 2018 before the close of the business day at the following locations. These locations are ONLY for folks dropping off their entries in person.
St. Louis Wine & Beermaking 231 Lamp Lantern Village Chesterfield, MO 63017 (636) 230-8277
Homebrew Supply of Southeast Missouri 3463 MO-FF Jackson, MO. 63755 (573) 579-9398
2. Out-of-Town entries: PACK YOUR ENTRIES WELL. Partition and pack each bottle with adequate packaging material. Boxes should weigh less than 40 pounds. Entries sent by mail MUST be received by Monday, April 4, 2018. NO EXCEPTIONS! Entries may be shipped to:
Bootheel United Zymurgists 1844 county rd. 448 Poplar Bluff, MO. 63901 (573) 778-6821
AWARDS AND PRIZES:
Medals, Fermentis yeast, PBW and Star San will be awarded to 1st, 2nd & 3rd place winners in each category judged. Prizes, medals, Fermentis yeast, PBW and Star San will be awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place Best of show and to 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place Peoples Choice for those pouring samples at the Bootheel Beerfest. A 10 Gallon Spike Kettle will be provided to the Grand Champion(brewer with highest point total). Winners will be announced 5pm at the 2018 Bootheel Beerfest. A link to results will be posted here as soon as they are available, and no later than Friday, April 20th. Medals, score sheets and prizes will be sent no later than Friday, April 20th. Anyone winning a prize weighing more than 20lbs must be willing to pick up in person in St. Louis, Jackson or Poplar Bluff Missouri.
1st place Best of Show Anvil Brewing Burner
2nd place Best of Show Blichmann Beer Gun
3rd place Best of Show Blichmann Brew Vision
1st place Peoples Choice 55lbs Marris Otter and 50lbs 2 Row and $25 Gift Card to Adventures in Homebrewing
2nd place Peoples Choice 50lbs Pilsner Malt and 50lbs 2 Row and $25 Gift Card to Adventures in Homebrewing
3rd place Peoples Choice 50lbs Wheat and 50lbs 2 Row and $25 Gift Card to Adventures in Homebrewing
Grand Champion: 10 Gallon Spike Kettle 55lbs Marris Otter and $25 Gift Card Adventures in Homebrewing and Gift Card to Minglewood brewing company